“Exploring HyFlex Perspectives Through Research and Practice: A Panel Discussion,” scheduled for Thursday, March 9th, 2023 from 12-1:30pm. This event will be HyFlex, which means you have the option to indicate your preferred modality for participation: in-person, online, or fully asynchronously.
Hear from instructors and representatives from centers for teaching and learning about the potential and practical aspects of implementing HyFlex opportunities for students to receive more flexible learning options.
This is a Lunch & Learn event for instructors that want to hear from colleagues about the HyFlex teaching and learning modality that gives students choice between in-person and online learning.
XCITE has invited a distinguished panel of speakers with HyFlex experience to share with UCR instructors. Facilitator is Samantha Eastman, XCITE’s Senior Learning Experience Designer.
- Annie S. Ditta, Assistant Professor of Teaching in Psychology, UC Riverside
- Paul Hadjipieris, Education Specialist, Engaged Teaching Hub, UC San Diego
- Eric Johns, Postdoctoral Fellow, XCITE, UC Riverside
- Ben Liu, Interim Chair and Associate Professor of Hispanic Studies, UC Riverside
- Morris Maduro, Professor of Biology and Chair, Molecular, Cell & Systems Biology, UC Riverside
- Christina Moore, Associate Director, Center for Excellence in Teaching & Learning, Oakland University, Rochester, MI
- David Pion-Berlin, Professor of Political Science, UC Riverside
- Muhammad "Siddiq" Siddiqui-Ali, Manager, Multimedia & Classroom Technologies, UC Riverside
- Rachel Stern-Lockerman, Instructional Technologist and Designer at Queens College, City University of New York, Center for Excellence in Teaching, Learning, and Leadership
- Niema Moshiri, Assistant Teaching Professor of Computer Science & Engineering, UC San Diego
Register to receive details on how to participate: https://tinyurl.com/hyflex-panel
Seating is limited. Please register no later than by February 28th to request to receive lunch, and continue to register between March 1st and March 8th with no guarantee of lunch. This event will be recorded and shared.